'Man of Steel' Debuts Explosive New TV Spots (Video)
Russell Crowe and Michael Shannon take center stage in the latest Superman spots.
Man of Steel continues to roll out new TV spots.
The first features a voice-over from Russell Crowe's Jor-El as he advises his son (Henry Cavill) on his destiny. The second focuses on Michael Shannon's villain, General Zod, and his menacing message to Earth.
Man of Steel director Zack Snyder and castmembers Crowe, Cavill, Shannon and Amy Adams were on hand Saturday in Italy for a screening of the film at the Taormina Film Festival. Earlier in the day, Crowe told Italian reporters about what it was like to prepare for a role based on Krypton.
"Usually, when I make a film, I do research," Crowe said. "But it was tough because this time I couldn't actually go to Krypton. But I am a father of two young children, and so I wondered how it would feel if I had to send them to another planet to save their lives."
Warner Bros.' Man of Steel is on its way to a stellar opening weekend, where it is expected to cross the $200 million mark globally.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences
- Jo Nesbo's latest page-turner, "The Son"...Elaine Stritch---The Great Fantasy Dinner Guest!
- Why 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Refused A Photo With Rick Santorum