'Man of Steel' Honest Trailer: 'A Mopey, Violent Reboot' (Video)
Superman gets his "inevitable dark, moody Christopher Nolan update."
Man of Steel wasn't so super according to its Honest Trailer.
The Screen Junkies series tells viewers to "prepare for a mopey, violent reboot, guaranteed to depress adults and frighten small children" and calls it Superman's "inevitable dark, moody Christopher Nolan update."
Superman must decide which of his two Robin Hood dads (Russell Crowe and Kevin Costner) to listen to, with Jonathan Kent telling his son "hide your powers and let innocent people die," while Jor-El wants him to show off his gifts to inspire humanity.
"Watch Superman honor them both, as he shows off his powers and lets innocent people die," the trailer says. It also notes the large number of brand placements -- from IHOP to Sears, and tackles the more controversial aspects of Man of Steel, such as Superman killing General Zod (Michael Shannon) and allowing the deaths of countless civilians in Metropolis.
Director Zack Snyder addressed some of those issues during a chat over the weekend, where he also teased details of the film's sequel.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Chloe Moretz Talks Boys & Fashion for 'Flare' September 2014
- The New 'Maze Runner' Trailer Is Out & It's Every Bit As Awesome As You Thought It Would Be
- It's Another Royal Photo Bomb! Prince Harry is Totally Psyched in the Background of a Selfie
- Once Upon a Time's JoAnna Garcia Joins Hubby Nick Swisher at 'Mission Swisher' Scavenger Hunt! (Exclusive Pics)