'Man of Steel': Julia Ormond Is Zack Snyder's Pick as Superman's Mother
The actress joins Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane on the pic.
Julia Ormond is the choice to play Superman’s Kryptonian mother in Warners’ Man of Steel, the new Superman movie being directed by Zack Snyder.
The official offer went out Thursday to the actress and her camp, and a deal is expected to be made.
With Ormond boarding to play Lara, the lineup of Superman’s parents, both alien and human, will be complete. Russell Crowe is playing Superman’s Kryptonian father Jor-el, with Kevin Costner and Diane Lane set to play Jonathan and Martha Kent.
The rest of the cast includes Henry Cavill as Superman, Michael Shannon as the villainous General Zod, Amy Adams as Lois Lane and Antje Traue as Zod’s henchwoman Faora.
Production is eyeing an August start in Vancouver.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR