'Man of Steel': Laurence Fishburne to Play Perry White
The role marks the actor's first high-profile gig since departing "CSI."
Perry White, the no-nonsense editor of the Daily Planet in Superman lore, will be played by Laurence Fishburne in Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures' Man of Steel.
The casting marks the actor's first high-profile role since leaving CSI in June. Fishburne opted not to renew his deal to continue on the series.
Studio had no comment on the addition of Fishburne to the cast of director Zack Snyder's take on the superhero tale.
Man of Steel is currently in production for June 2013 release. It stars Henry Cavill as Superman/Clark Kent, Amy Adams, Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner and Diane Lane.
Another recent defector from a successful TV series franchise, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit's Christopher Meloni, is also on board the project.
Fishburne is up for an outstanding lead actor in a miniseries or movie Emmy next month for his portrayal of Supreme Court justice Thurgood Marshall in HBO's Thurgood.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR