'Man of Steel' Set Photos Reveal Henry Cavill's Superman Costume Changes (Photos)
UPDATED: New pictures posted online reveal a revamped superhero look.
Superman has a brand-new costume and thanks to newly released images from the set of Man of Steel, fans are getting their first chance to study it in detail.
The new costume, worn by actor Henry Cavill, appears to be keeping in line with the revised version of the character soon to be seen in DC Comics' reboots of the Action Comics and Superman series next month. The red briefs and yellow belt are gone; replaced by blue briefs. And from the looks of the photos, the omnipresent red cape is now optional.
A previous photo of the Man of Steel was released earlier in August, but the image was dim and moody and didn't give fans a sense of what the costume would look like in action.
Warner Bros.' Superman reboot began filming outside of Chicago in early August and since then, several photos from the set -- turning Plano, Illinois into Smallville -- have been posted on a fan Facebook page.
[A previous verison of this post misidentified the fan Facebook page as the official Facebook page.]
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws