'Man of Steel' Teasers Turn Zack Snyder Into Terrence Malick (Video)
Arriving with the release of "The Dark Knight Rises," the first look at Snyder's Superman movie offers a pastoral look at the Kryptonian's origins.
Audiences got their first look at Zack Snyder’s interpretation of Superman Saturday when Warner Bros. premiered not one but two different teaser trailers for Man of Steel.
Although both clips feature the same footage, two different monologues highlight advice given to Kal-El/ Clark Kent by his fathers on Krypton and Earth. In the clip that premiered on Yahoo, Kevin Costner, who plays Jonathan Kent, performs the voiceover. In the one that debuted on MSN, Russell Crowe speaks as Jor-El.
Man of Steel is Warners’ latest attempt to bring Superman to the big screen. The studio enlisted writer-director Bryan Singer to make Superman Returns in 2006, and the film performed well at the box office but received mixed reviews. After his success with the Batman franchise, Warners hired Christopher Nolan to executive produce a new version of the superhero, and then recruited Watchmen and 300 filmmaker Snyder to direct it.
The clips feature only one shot of Superman in action – he breaks the sound barrier as he rockets into the sky – while the rest of the clip hints at a different kind of story about the character than audiences have seen. In particular, the footage seems to focus on Kal-El/ Clark’s evolution and upbringing on Earth, and features a montage of beautiful, dreamlike images celebrating the beauty of the planet.
Watch the two teaser trailers below. Man of Steel is being released on June 14, 2013.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game