'Man of Steel' TV Spot Focuses on Kevin Costner's Jonathan Kent (Video)
A young Superman gets some fatherly advice from Pa Kent, who tells him to find the reason Jor-El sent him to Earth.
Man of Steel pulls at the heartstrings in its latest TV spot, which shows Clark Kent dealing with his alien roots.
The ad includes a longer version of previously seen back and forth between a young Clark (Dylan Sprayberry) asking Jonathan Kent (Kevin Costner), "Can’t I just keep pretending to be your son?”
“You are my son, but somewhere out there you have another father and he sent you here for a reason,” Pa Kent tells his son. “And even if it takes the rest of your life, you owe it to yourself to find out what that reason is.”
Speaking of Clark’s Kryptonian father, last week Warner Bros. unveiled a TV spot focusing on Russell Crowe’s Jor-El.
Man of Steel, directed by Zack Snyder, also stars Henry Cavill as Superman, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon and Diane Lane. It is set for release June 14.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Charlie Hunnam Speaks Up About 'Sons of Anarchy' Emmy Snubs at FX TCA Panel
- Daniel Radcliffe Premieres 'What If' in Toronto After Closing Out Broadway's 'Cripple of Inishmaan'
- Selena Gomez & Cara Delevingne are Saint-Tropez Bikini Babes!
- LeAnn Rimes & Eddie Cibrian Missed His Kids So Much During Reality Show Promo Trip