Maria Bello Joins James Wan Thriller
Bello will play a police psychologist who may have a haunted house on her hands in the Dimension Films project.
Maria Bello will act as the female lead in Dimension Films’ untitled thriller being produced by James Wan.
Wan is the helmer who kicked off the Saw franchise and also directed the horror hit Insidious. He is producing the project with Lee Clay.
Will Canon is directing the thriller, which is eyeing a shoot beginning January 2013 in Baton Rouge.
The film centers on a detective and a police psychologist (Bello) who are investigating the massacre of five college kids in a decrepit home and must deal with a suspect, a survivor of the killing, who explains the group was amateur ghost-hunters and that it was the house that is to blame.
Bello recently starred in NBC’s short-lived crime drama Prime Suspect and will appear in Grown Ups 2 with Adam Sander.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty