Maria Bello Joins James Wan Thriller
Bello will play a police psychologist who may have a haunted house on her hands in the Dimension Films project.
Maria Bello will act as the female lead in Dimension Films’ untitled thriller being produced by James Wan.
Wan is the helmer who kicked off the Saw franchise and also directed the horror hit Insidious. He is producing the project with Lee Clay.
Will Canon is directing the thriller, which is eyeing a shoot beginning January 2013 in Baton Rouge.
The film centers on a detective and a police psychologist (Bello) who are investigating the massacre of five college kids in a decrepit home and must deal with a suspect, a survivor of the killing, who explains the group was amateur ghost-hunters and that it was the house that is to blame.
Bello recently starred in NBC’s short-lived crime drama Prime Suspect and will appear in Grown Ups 2 with Adam Sander.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR