Mark Ruffalo Says 'Avengers 2' Hulk Is 'More Complex'
The actor explains that his role in next year's "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is "even bigger than last time."
One of the best things about Joss Whedon’s first Avengers movie for Marvel was Mark Ruffalo’s first appearance as Bruce Banner, the alter ego for the incredible Hulk. That fact, it seems, hasn’t gone unnoticed when it comes to next year’s sequel.
Ruffalo told Total Film Magazine that his role in Avengers: Age of Ultron is “even bigger than last time, and it’s more complex and has more layers and a bit more arc.” This comment follows rumors that Jeremy Renner’s Hawkeye will also get more focus in the second movie, suggesting that the new movie may (sensibly) center around the only two members of the team who don’t have other movies in which to shine (Black Widow apparently having become part of the Captain America cast.
The actor also said that he was “really tripping on the technology of this motion-capture stuff” in the making of Age of Ultron. He added, “I just completely embrace it and see it as this other exciting place we can go as performers.” Does this mean we can look forward a more emotive Hulk second time around — or perhaps something that’s part smashing Hulk, part snarky Banner? (We can be hoping for a cinematic debut for Mr. Fixit.)
Avengers: Age of Ultron is currently in the middle of principal photography and will be released in May 2015.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Toys R Us Pulls 'Breaking Bad' Dolls From Shelves Following Florida Mom's Petition
- Darling 'Dawson's Creek' Spoof Stars Dachshunds Instead Of Humans
- My Dream Duets: Chatting with Barry Manilow, Andre Cymone and Carroll Matthews Exclusives and The Hawthorne Chronicles
- 'Wasn't He Gay?': A Revealing Question About Mister Rogers
- Lily Aldridge Says Happy 26th Birthday to Her Partner in Crime Candice Swanepoel
- Aaron Paul Looks For the Best Pizza in Vancouver Before Shooting '9th Life of Louis Drax'
- Chrissy Teigen & Jamie Chung Eat Free Doughnuts In Celebration of Apple Pay!
- Kiernan Shipka Is Pretty in Pink at Broadcasting & Cable Hall Of Fame Awards 2014