Mark Ruffalo Squashes 'Hulk' Movie Rumors
The actor dismisses rumors that his short-fused superhero will star in his own "Avengers" spin-off.
Mark Ruffalo says there are "no plans" for a Hulk-driven standalone film ahead of The Avengers sequel.
Taking to Twitter, the actor wrote: "A lot of folks have been asking about the Next Hulk. The next time you see my Hulk it will be in the Avengers2. No plans for stand alone."
That said, he notes (via Huffpo): "I am not giving up on another stand alone HULK. But it’s not in the works right now. One never knows what the future will bring."
Ruffalo portrayed The Hulk as a recovering rage-aholic in last year's superhero blockbuster The Avengers from Joss Whedon. He reteams with Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Chris Evans (Captain America), Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow) and others in a sequel slated for 2015.
He is currently filming the drama Foxcatcher opposite Steve Carell and Channing Tatum, and will also star with Julia Roberts in the upcoming HBO film The Normal Heart, directed by Ryan Murphy. Adapted from Larry Kramer's play, that movie -- set for 2014 -- takes place in New York City during the early-'80s onset of the HIV/AIDS crisis.
When asked earlier this week about rumors that the next Avengers movies would center on a Hulk storyline, Whedon responded: "Well I’m really not supposed to comment, but no, that’s nonsense."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR