Tony-Winning Stage Actor Joins Sean Penn in 'Gunman' (Exclusive)
Mark Rylance joins a cast that includes Javier Bardem and Idris Elba.
Tony-winning actor Mark Rylance has joined the cast of Silver Pictures’ action thriller The Gunman.
Rylance joins a prestigious cast of award-winners including Sean Penn, as well as Javier Bardem and Idris Elba, along with Ray Winstone and Jasmine Trinca.
In the movie, Penn plays an international operative who is betrayed by the organization he works for, forcing him into a game of cat and mouse across Europe.
Rylance will play one of Penn’s nemeses.
Pierre Morel is directing from a Pete Travis script adapting a novel by Jean-Patrick Manchette. Joel Silver and Andrew Rona are producing via Silver Pictures while Steve Richards exec produces.
Rylance is a stage and screen actor who won a Tony in 2008 for Boeing Boeing and again in 2011 for Jerusalem. He also won the Olivier Award twice.
His screen credits include The Other Boleyn Girl and Roland Emmerich’s Anonymous, and he won a BAFTA Award for best actor in a television drama for his work in The Government Inspector.
He is repped by agent Christian Hodell, manager Meryl Robertson and attorney Jodi Peikoff.
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Gosselin Performs DJ Gig At An Empty New Jersey Bowling Alley
- A Few Words on Russell Tovey and Why If It Weren't for My Father, I Wouldn't Be a Faggot
- Giorgio Armani Kicks Madonna While She's Down About THAT Cape
- Is 'Bachelor' Star Chris Soules The Mystery Contestant On 'Dancing With The Stars'?
- Bobby Brown's Family Filming Reality Series During Bobbi Kristina Brown's Hospitalization
- Kanye West Tells Oxford Students: If I Can Remove My Ego, 'There's Hope For Everyone'
- Dakota Johnson Cut 'SNL' Sketch: Anastasia Steele Visits New Red Room in 'Fifty Shades' Sequel
- Taylor Schilling & Jackie Cruz Form Strong Bond Outside of 'Orange is the New Black'