Mark Wahlberg Plays Iron Man in Fake Trailer (Video)
Can a Red Sox-obsessed Tony Stark resembling Wahlberg's "The Fighter" and "The Departed" characters save the day?
Ben Affleck is playing Batman -- so is it really farfetched to think Mark Wahlberg could be the next Iron Man?
That's what a new trailer imagines, with an actor with a pitch-perfect Wahlberg accent playing a Red Sox-obsessed Tony Stark, who happens to be an automechanic rather than a billionaire industrialist. What's great is that he speaks in adapted dialogue from actual Wahlberg movies, such as The Fighter and The Departed.
There's also a wonderfully convoluted criminal plot hatched by the Mandarin.
In real life, Wahlberg has spoken vaguely about an interest in suiting up as Iron Man. Last month he told Yahoo UK: “I would like to take over the Iron Man franchise for Robert Downey." He went on to add "[but] it’s one of those things where I kind of like playing real people, [so] I’ve never been asked."
Watch the trailer below.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Failure, Alarms & After Parties: Chats with The Posies, Dry the River's Peter Liddle and Ghost Town's Kevin McCullough
- This Rapper Just Won The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With Marijuana
- Emily Browning: If I Had Gotten That 'Twilight' Role, 'I Would Have Quit' Acting
- This Map Plots Where Your Favorite College Movies Were Filmed
- Miles Teller on One-Night Stands: Don't Let Them Borrow Clothes Because 'You Will Not Get That Sh-t Back'
- Jennifer Aniston & Sandra Bullock Mock Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately' Finale
- Gerard Butler, Vanessa Hudgens, & Selena Gomez Sing Farewell to Chelsea Handler on 'Chelsea Lately'
- Chris Hemsworth Gets to Showcase Comedic Side in 'Vacation'