Mark Wahlberg Plays Iron Man in Fake Trailer (Video)
Can a Red Sox-obsessed Tony Stark resembling Wahlberg's "The Fighter" and "The Departed" characters save the day?
Ben Affleck is playing Batman -- so is it really farfetched to think Mark Wahlberg could be the next Iron Man?
That's what a new trailer imagines, with an actor with a pitch-perfect Wahlberg accent playing a Red Sox-obsessed Tony Stark, who happens to be an automechanic rather than a billionaire industrialist. What's great is that he speaks in adapted dialogue from actual Wahlberg movies, such as The Fighter and The Departed.
There's also a wonderfully convoluted criminal plot hatched by the Mandarin.
In real life, Wahlberg has spoken vaguely about an interest in suiting up as Iron Man. Last month he told Yahoo UK: “I would like to take over the Iron Man franchise for Robert Downey." He went on to add "[but] it’s one of those things where I kind of like playing real people, [so] I’ve never been asked."
Watch the trailer below.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film