'Walking Dead' Star Joins Martin Scorsese's 'Wolf of Wall Street'
Jon Bernthal joins Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill and Jean Dujardin in film adaptation of the Jordan Belfort memoir.
Jon Bernthal, one of the stars of AMC’s The Walking Dead, is the latest actor to join the growing cast of The Wolf of Wall Street, Martin Scorsese’s adaptation of the Jordan Belfort memoir being made by Red Granite.
Leonardo DiCaprio is playing Belfort, a Long Island penny stock broker whose dramatic rise and fall on Wall Street, along with his hard-partying lifestyle and tumultuous personal life, ended with a 20-month prison term for securities fraud.
Bernthal will play a drug dealer and money launderer.
Also among the cast are Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin and Margot Robbie.
Producing the movie are DiCaprio, Red Granite’s Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland, Scorsese and Emma Koskoff of Sikelia Productions and Alexandra Milchan of EMJAG Productions.
Bernthal played the conflicted cop Shane Walsh on Walking Dead, with his exit being one of the high points of season two. He is in production as the lead in Frank Darabont’s new TNT series, L.A. Noir.
Bernthal recently wrapped filming on Ric Roman Waugh's action drama Snitch, opposite Susan Sarandon and Dwayne Johnson, and he earned a 2011 Ovation Award nomination for his role in Rogue Machine Theatre's play Small Engine Repair, which will have its New York premiere for MCC in spring 2013.
Bernthal is repped by WME, The Burstein Co. and Myman Greenspan.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR