Marvel Confirms Taylor-Johnson, Olsen for 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
Following months of rumors (and accidental slips from co-stars), Marvel Studios officially announces Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen will join the Joss Whedon-helmed "Avengers" sequel.
To the surprise of few, Marvel has finally confirmed that Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen will be joining the cast of Avengers: Age of Ultron as brother/sister duo Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, respectively.
The two have been linked to the roles for some time, with Samuel L. Jackson essentially confirming Olsen's involvement during an interview last month. Taylor-Johnson is no stranger to superheroes, having made his name as the title character in the Kick-Ass movies, whereas the closest Olsen has come to the genre to date is Oldboy, an American remake of a South Korean adaptation of a Japanese manga.
Although Age of Ultron will mark the characters' first appearances in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it won't be Quicksilver's first time on the big screen. Thanks to a strange quirk of licensing, the character will debut -- played by Evan Peters -- in next year's X-Men: Days of Future Past, directed by Bryan Singer. If Fox and Marvel's superhero movie franchises ever manage a crossover, the run-off between Peters and Taylor-Johnson for the title of The One True Quicksilver would be worth the price of admission alone.
In related news, Mark Ruffalo tweeted today that he had received the screenplay for Age of Ultron. Judging by past experience, we can expect Marvel to formally announce his appearance in the movie in … oh, mid-January, perhaps?
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Hot Tub Time Machine 2' Trailer Is The Funniest Thing On LouNet
- Mick Jagger Energizes "A Most Wanted Man" Premiere...Hot Stuff Coming to Broadway: "It's Only a Play" and "A Delicate Balance"--Plan in Advance!
- Fifty Shades Of Grey Adorable Animals: The Version You Aren't Embarrassed To Read In Public
- Eva Longoria Tells America Latino Doesn't Mean Immigrant
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts