Marvel Launches 'Guardians of Good' Campaign to Promote Teen Activism
The new promotional campaign offers teens engaged in "science, service and innovation" the chance to network, as well as win a private screening of "Guardians of the Galaxy."
While the Guardians of the Galaxy are taking care of things out in space, Marvel launched a new campaign Thursday to ensure that good things are happening down here on Earth as well.
“Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Guardians of Good,” created in partnership with Walt Disney Studios, Dolby Laboratories and Visa Signature, is an invitation for fans aged 14-18 to submit applications explaining how they are “improving the galaxy” through science, service and innovation, with five applicants being chosen to attend the world premiere of Guardians of the Galaxy.
In a video announcement of the campaign, Vin Diesel explained the appeal of the cinematic Guardians by saying that “we all need to feel like we’re a part of something, and we have people we can rely on” — an idea that carries through to the networking potential of the “Guardians of Good” idea, which will allow the teen activists to interact with peer groups created for specific topics.
In addition to attending the Guardians premiere, each of the five winners will also be given a backstage tour of the Disneyland Resort, attend the first Guardians of Good Innovation & Service Summit, to be held July 22 at Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, Calif., and also receive a private screening of Guardians of the Galaxy in their hometown for up to 200 of their friends and family.
More details can be found here. The announcement video can be seen below.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- 'The Flash' Cast Has a Blast at Buzzfeed's Rooftop Flash Bash
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport