Marvel Launches 'Guardians of Good' Campaign to Promote Teen Activism
The new promotional campaign offers teens engaged in "science, service and innovation" the chance to network, as well as win a private screening of "Guardians of the Galaxy."
While the Guardians of the Galaxy are taking care of things out in space, Marvel launched a new campaign Thursday to ensure that good things are happening down here on Earth as well.
“Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Guardians of Good,” created in partnership with Walt Disney Studios, Dolby Laboratories and Visa Signature, is an invitation for fans aged 14-18 to submit applications explaining how they are “improving the galaxy” through science, service and innovation, with five applicants being chosen to attend the world premiere of Guardians of the Galaxy.
In a video announcement of the campaign, Vin Diesel explained the appeal of the cinematic Guardians by saying that “we all need to feel like we’re a part of something, and we have people we can rely on” — an idea that carries through to the networking potential of the “Guardians of Good” idea, which will allow the teen activists to interact with peer groups created for specific topics.
In addition to attending the Guardians premiere, each of the five winners will also be given a backstage tour of the Disneyland Resort, attend the first Guardians of Good Innovation & Service Summit, to be held July 22 at Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, Calif., and also receive a private screening of Guardians of the Galaxy in their hometown for up to 200 of their friends and family.
More details can be found here. The announcement video can be seen below.
Follow Heat Vision
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Ep. 12 Recap: 'Remember' Welcomes Team Rick To The Neighborhood
- Kendall Jenner's Throwback Bikini Photo Reminds Us The Winter Struggle Is Real
- Hollywood's Diversity Problem Starts At The Top, UCLA Report Finds
- Michael Jordan Fails Yet Again To Win 'Richest Person In The World' Title
- The Best Scene in House of Cards Happens in a Women’s Bathroom
- Veronica Roth’s Divergent Follow-up Will Be Star Wars–esque
- Ryan Murphy Gives Touching Speech, Reflects on Glee’s Legacy of Creating Acceptance Through Understanding
- Bob’s Burgers Did Its Own Game of Thrones Last Night, and You Should Be Thankful
- Cody Simpson to Co-Host Victoria's Secret PINK's Spring Break Bash with Gigi Hadid & Rachel Hilbert! (Exclusive)
- Patrick Schwarzenegger Braves Torrential Rain for Lunch with Miley Cyrus!
- Lily James & Cate Blanchett Look Picture Perfect at 'Cinderella' Premiere
- Mumford & Sons Announce New Album 'Wilder Mind' With a Brand New Sound!