Marvel Launches New 'Amazing Spider-Man' Digital Series
The weekly digital series asks, if Spider-Man has amnesia, will he remember that with great power comes great responsibility?
Just because Peter Parker is coming back from the dead doesn't mean that he's coming back in one piece. Accompanying the relaunch of The Amazing Spider-Man this April, Marvel Entertainment has announced a thirteen-episode digital comic series, The Amazing Spider-Man: Who Am I? that focuses on a Parker who can't quite remember everything about his own past.
Written by Joshua Hale Fialkov and Amazing Spider-Man writer Dan Slott, with art by Juan Bobillo, Antonio Fabela, Geoffo Beauleau and J.L. Mast, the latest release in the publisher's Infinite Comics digital format will see an amnesiac Spider-Man flirt with villainy.
"If you remove identity and get to the core of who Peter Parker really is, is he a hero?" asked Fialkov in an interview at Marvel.com. "Does his heroism go beyond Uncle Ben dying, beyond Gwen and Captain Stacy dying? All the people and things he's lost. All those sacrifices. At his heart -- as a blob of tissue, removed from all personality and experience -- would he act as a hero, when presented with the opportunities of a villain?"
This is the second time that a new Marvel print launch has been accompanied with a digital series; March's new Daredevil relaunch will be joined by the digital Daredevil: Road Warrior mini in a similar manner.
Marvel's Infinite Comics are available via the Marvel Comics app, Marvel's Digital Comic Store and the ComiXology platform.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead