Marvel Marries Off Deadpool This Spring
Proving that sometimes good things do happen in superhero comics, Marvel's mutant mercenary will get hitched this April -- although co-writer Gerry Duggan admits that it may not last too long.
It's not all life-threatening dramas and status-quo altering event series for Marvel Comics in 2014. There will also be at least one happy occasion in store, with the publisher promising that Deadpool will be tying the knot this year.
"The honest answer is that it was written into a Deadpool story, but more or less as a gag, and Jordan D. White, the editor, was like a dog with a bone. He was like, 'No, no, no -- this is going to be a big deal,' " explained Deadpool co-writer Gerry Duggan in an interview with Nerdist, which broke the news of the wedding this morning.
"Yes, this is a knee-jerk reaction from a wounded guy to go out there and sort of do something crazy to sort of jump-start a life, but there is a real emotional reason for doing it, so I think that will be the part that will resonate," he continued, although he admitted that he wasn't "100% sure" how long Deadpool's as-yet-unnamed wife will stay in the series. "When you get close to Deadpool, that's maybe when I start to think about adding you in my deadpool," he said.
Deadpool #27, co-written by Duggan and Brian Posehn, will be released in April.
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- Backstreet Boy Howie Dorough Crashed A Wedding (And That Makes Him Larger Than Life)
- Sundance So Far: More On The Juicy Scientology Doc Everyone Is Talking About
- Oscars 2015: So Hollywood Is Still Racist (and Sexist), Now What?
- Teacher And His Students Recreate 'Uptown Funk,' Get An A+ In Breakin' It Down
- Sundance: Where Jason Sudeikis Pleasures a Bottle of Green Tea
- Taylor Swift’s Alleged Leaked DMs Make Her Seem Just As Nice As You Thought
- McCarthy, Wiig, McKinnon, Jones: Here Are Your Ghostbusters
- Louis C.K. Releases New Special; Read His Very Long, Very Thoughtful Email Explaining Where He Taped It