Marvel Offers 'Wolverine' Digital Freebie
Marvel celebrates the holidays -- and the success of its fan-favorite cinematic mutant -- with a free gift for those redeeming digital download codes throughout December.
For more than a year, certain Marvel Comics titles have been released as bundles with free digital download codes accompanying the print edition. Beginning tomorrow, fans looking to redeem those codes will get more than they bargained for, with the publisher adding the first issue of digital-only series Wolverine: Japan's Most Wanted to redeemed codes throughout the month of December.
Japan's Most Wanted was a 13-part weekly series created by Wolverine and the X-Men writer Jason Aaron, Jason Latour and artist Paco Diaz that ran earlier this year, coinciding with the release of Fox's The Wolverine and launching a year-long program of digital-only releases in Marvel's "Infinite Comic" format (It was followed by the current Iron Man: Final Frontier series).
Marvel announced today that the first issue of the series -- which originally sold for $2.99 -- will be offered to those redeeming the digital download code of any Marvel comic via the Marvel app between Dec. 6 and 31.
Presumably, this gift is an attempt to build a new audience for the series in time for any holiday gifting -- what says "Christmas" like download codes for a mutant racing around Japan, being chased by ninjas and homicidal super villains, after all? -- but it also acts as a way of drawing attention to the series again ahead of next year's print collection, released in March.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Stewart Mocks Media 'Chaos' Over Obamacare Ruling
- North West Takes Her First Steps, Kim Posts Adorable Picture After Swimming Lesson
- The Aquabats! celebrate their 20th anniversary at Comic-Con as they ponder the group's next move
- Guillermo del Toro Unveils Comic-Con 'Pacific Rim,' 'Crimson Peak' Fan Experiences