Marvel Resurrects Peter Parker, Revives 'The Amazing Spider-Man'
Peter Parker returns from the comic book grave in a relaunched "Amazing Spider-Man" series in time for this summer's "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" movie release.
Despite "dying" two different times in the last thirteen months, Peter Parker is set to reclaim the mantle of Spider-Man this April, with Marvel Entertainment relaunching The Amazing Spider-Man ahead of the following month's release of Sony's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in theaters.
Parker's first death occurred in the final issue of the previous Amazing Spider-Man volume, following a mind swap which left him in the body of his dying arch-nemesis Doctor Octopus. As Octopus took over Parker's body and superheroic career in the subsequent Superior Spider-Man series, it was revealed that Parker's mind lived on, hidden in the recesses of his body -- until the eighth issue of that series, when Octopus apparently eradicated the hero once and for all.
This being comics, of course, there's no such thing as "once and for all." While Marvel has confirmed the much-rumored return of Parker to the role -- a rumor that became far stronger when promotional art for the new Amazing series leaked online on Wednesday -- the publisher is staying quiet about just how it'll take place.
For his part, series writer Dan Slott promises that Parker will return "in a strange and terrifying way. And -- possibly -- at a very great cost. Remember, nothing is ever easy for Peter Parker. It's one of the reasons he's a true hero." (Readers of the Superior Spider-Man series might have seen the start of the return in the series' most recent issue, however, thanks to the introduction of alien symbiotic Venom.)
Slott, who has been writing Spider-Man since 2008 and was responsible for Parker's "death," called the character "the one, true Spider-Man," adding that "I've been a Spider-Man fan since I was eight years old. Of course I want to see Peter back!"
The Amazing Spider-Man #1 will be released in April. Whether or not The Superior Spider-Man will be coming to an end as a result of that relaunch, however, remains unknown…
Follow Heat Vision
- Marvin Gaye's Sister Zeola Sets The Record Straight On Reported Family Feud Over 'Blurred Lines' Lawsuit
- New Film Healing of Love Is Challenging the Paradigm of Relationships
- The Death of Fake Reality Television, The Birth of 'Connected'
- Morgan Spurlock, 'One Direction: This Is Us' Director: Zayn Malik 'Struggled The Most' With Touring Demands
- Pia Mia Seduces Us In 'F--k With U' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Jamie Chung Has a Condom Problem in 'Resident Advisors' Clip (Exclusive Video)
- Mark Wahlberg Producing Boston Marathon Bombing Movie 'Patriot's Day'
- Stephen Amell Signs Up to Play Megan Fox's Love Interest in 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2'