Marvel to Unveil Never-Before-Seen 'Avengers' Footage at New York Comic Con
The studio will present new scenes from the superhero flick during its first appearance at the annual convention.
Marvel Studios is finally making an appearance at New York Comic Com, presenting a high-profile panel of its 2011 tentpole, The Avengers.
Marvel will present the panel Saturday, October 15, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m., boasting it will present never-before-seen footage from the movie and bring out Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige and actors Chris Evans, Thom Hiddleston, Clark Gregg and Cobie Smulders.
NYCC is the East Coast’s answer to San Diego Comic-Con International, known simply as Comic-Con. This is the NYCC’s sixth annual confab, which has grown quickly in popularity and last year attracted 96,000.
While New York is the traditional home of superheroes -- Marvel Comics is headquartered there as is the publishing side of DC Comics -- Marvel Studios has kept away from the event, preferring in the past to make a splash at July’s Comic-Con. This year the newly-owned Disney company foregoed Comic-Con in favor of making a big presentation at Disney’s D23.
Avengers, however, is Marvel’s culmination of the movie plans it set out with 2008’s Iron Man thus Marvel and new parent Disney are inclined to leave little to chance.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR