Marvel's Editor in Chief Explains Writer Switch on 'Inhuman'
Original writer Matt Fraction's story was "not the series we need to lay the foundation for this new universe within the Marvel Universe," explains Axel Alonso.
Writer Matt Fraction and Marvel editor in chief Axel Alonso have opened up about what led to Fraction's removal from the high-profile Inhuman series, with the writer telling fans that "I was not fired" from Marvel over the situation.
In an excerpt of an upcoming interview to run on Comic Book Resources, Alonso explained that Fraction being replaced on the series was the result of the two parties "[coming] to the realization that we weren't on the same page, we probably never would be, and no one would benefit if we tried to force it to work."
Fraction elaborated: "My version of Inhuman wasn't what they were into and, y'know, it's their company … It's a legit case of 'creative differences' in spite of everyone's best intentions. After what? Five or six months where this has been my primary focus and we're still not on the same page -- I can't say they didn't try, they can't say I didn't try, and at some point, you gotta move on. It happens."
"The series that Matt wanted to write would have been good," Alonso said, "but it was not the series we need to lay the foundation for this new universe within the Marvel Universe."
"It didn't make sense to continue working together on this book," Fraction continued. "I was not fired. I am not fired. We are all still friends." Fraction, who left both the Fantastic Four and FF series to work on the Inhumanity event and Inhuman series, continues to write Hawkeye for Marvel in addition to his Image Comics series Satellite Sam and Sex Criminals.
Inhuman, with newly installed writer Charles Soule, will now launch in April 2014.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!