Marvel's 'Winter Soldier' Makes His Debut
Glimpsed in the movie's first trailer, the titular character of next year's "Captain America" sequel is properly revealed via a magazine cover.
It's a late holiday gift, but Empire magazine has released the two covers of its February-dated issue, giving fans a good look at Captain America's new uniform from next year's Captain America: The Winter Soldier -- as well as the first chance to see what Sebastian Stan looks like as the titular Winter Soldier.
As seen in the movie's trailer, Cap's new movie uniform is adapted from the "Super Soldier" costume the character wore during the brief period where he was running S.H.I.E.L.D. and not fighting crime as Captain America a few years back -- a costume now worn in the comic books by Nick Fury, so perhaps Samuel L. Jackson should be paying attention.
Meanwhile, Stan's Winter Soldier look is surprisingly faithful to the comic book visual designed by artist Steve Epting -- even down to the cybernetic arm, complete with Russian Red Star on the shoulder.
Empire's February issue will be released Dec. 31. Captain America: The Winter Soldier will be released April 4, 2014.
Follow Heat Vision
- Marvin Gaye's Sister Zeola Sets The Record Straight On Reported Family Feud Over 'Blurred Lines' Lawsuit
- New Film Healing of Love Is Challenging the Paradigm of Relationships
- The Death of Fake Reality Television, The Birth of 'Connected'
- Morgan Spurlock, 'One Direction: This Is Us' Director: Zayn Malik 'Struggled The Most' With Touring Demands
- Pia Mia Seduces Us In 'F--k With U' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Jamie Chung Has a Condom Problem in 'Resident Advisors' Clip (Exclusive Video)
- Mark Wahlberg Producing Boston Marathon Bombing Movie 'Patriot's Day'
- Stephen Amell Signs Up to Play Megan Fox's Love Interest in 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2'