Marvel's 'Winter Soldier' Makes His Debut
Glimpsed in the movie's first trailer, the titular character of next year's "Captain America" sequel is properly revealed via a magazine cover.
It's a late holiday gift, but Empire magazine has released the two covers of its February-dated issue, giving fans a good look at Captain America's new uniform from next year's Captain America: The Winter Soldier -- as well as the first chance to see what Sebastian Stan looks like as the titular Winter Soldier.
As seen in the movie's trailer, Cap's new movie uniform is adapted from the "Super Soldier" costume the character wore during the brief period where he was running S.H.I.E.L.D. and not fighting crime as Captain America a few years back -- a costume now worn in the comic books by Nick Fury, so perhaps Samuel L. Jackson should be paying attention.
Meanwhile, Stan's Winter Soldier look is surprisingly faithful to the comic book visual designed by artist Steve Epting -- even down to the cybernetic arm, complete with Russian Red Star on the shoulder.
Empire's February issue will be released Dec. 31. Captain America: The Winter Soldier will be released April 4, 2014.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR