Mary Parent Joins 'Pacific Rim' as Producer
She was chairman of MGM until it was acquired by Spyglass, forming her own production company Disruption Entertainment.
Mary Parent has joined the producing line-up of Legendary Pictures’ Pacific Rim, the mechas vs. monsters movie being directed by Guillermo del Toro.
Parent acted as chairman of MGM until its acquisition by Spyglass and then formed her own shingle named Disruption Entertainment, signing a first-look deal at Paramount.
While she has several projects in the hopper, none are in production. Pac Rim, as the project is known, is a giant tentpole and welcomed her production expertise.
Parent now joins Legendary’s Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni, as well as del Toro, as producers.
The movie shoots in Toronto this fall and stars Charlie Hunnam, Idris Elba and Charlie Day among others.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws