Matt Damon Says Ben Affleck Will Be 'Great' as Batman
The "Elysium" star also weighs in on rumors that he'll play Robin.
Matt Damon is among those who approve of Ben Affleck playing Batman.
The Elysium star told the Times of India that his longtime friend will be "terrific" as the caped crusader and urged people complaining about Warner Bros.' controversial casting choice to calm down.
"I think it will be great. It will be terrific," Damon said. "I know there are a lot of people grousing on the Internet. I just think it's kind of funny. You know, he's not playing King Lear. It's Batman! Certainly within his skill set. If anybody saw Argo or The Town, and all the work he's been doing lately, it's way more nuanced and interesting and way more difficult than Batman! Batman just sits there with his cowl over his head and whispers in a kinda gruff voice at people. Bruce Wayne is the more challenging part of the role, and Ben will be great at that."
But don't hold your breath that Damon will join the DC Comics universe as Robin.
"It's safe to say I won't be Robin," he told the Times of India, adding that he was amused by the speculation but doesn't think he's quite right for the part.
"I am a little older than Ben. I never saw Robin as older than Batman," he added. "Somebody sent me a picture actually [of Damon's face Photoshopped on Robin's body and Affleck's on Batman's]. It was really funny."
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights