Matt Reeves to Direct 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' Sequel
The "Cloverfield" helmer replaces original director Rupert Wyatt.
Matt Reeves has nabbed the coveted gig to helm the sequel to Fox’s Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Titled Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, the movie was supposed to have reteamed the studio and producers at Chernin Entertainment with Rise director Rupert Wyatt.
Wyatt exited the project mid-September due to what was billed by some insiders as his discomfort to have a movie ready by the May 23, 2014 release date.
A round of meetings with eligible directors took place and Reeves came out on top.
Reeves, who co-created Felicity with J.J. Abrams, is best known for directing the Paramount monster movie Cloverfield as well as the classy vampire movie Let Me In, a remake of the Scandinavian movie Let the Right One In.
Follow Heat Vision
- T-Pain on What Happened to His Aaliyah Collaboration, Furious 7, and FKA Twigs' Engagement to Robert Pattinson [Updated]
- Patricia Arquette Will Follow Up Her Oscar Win With a Memoir
- Pete Holmes on How the Comedian Became the Modern-Day Philosopher
- Ed Sheeran Fits Right in With the Cast of Sesame Street
- You Can Own a 'Magic Mike XXL' T-Shirt with Channing Tatum's Shirtless Torso On the Front!
- Kelly Clarkson Makes Epic Return to 'American Idol,' Sings 'At Last' & 'Heartbeat Song' - Watch Now!
- George Clooney & Sacha Baron Cohen Hug It Out After Dinner
- Zayn Malik & Perrie Edwards Look Too Cute Together in New Pic