Matt Reeves to Direct 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' Sequel
The "Cloverfield" helmer replaces original director Rupert Wyatt.
Matt Reeves has nabbed the coveted gig to helm the sequel to Fox’s Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Titled Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, the movie was supposed to have reteamed the studio and producers at Chernin Entertainment with Rise director Rupert Wyatt.
Wyatt exited the project mid-September due to what was billed by some insiders as his discomfort to have a movie ready by the May 23, 2014 release date.
A round of meetings with eligible directors took place and Reeves came out on top.
Reeves, who co-created Felicity with J.J. Abrams, is best known for directing the Paramount monster movie Cloverfield as well as the classy vampire movie Let Me In, a remake of the Scandinavian movie Let the Right One In.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game