Matt Reeves to Direct 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' Sequel
The "Cloverfield" helmer replaces original director Rupert Wyatt.
Matt Reeves has nabbed the coveted gig to helm the sequel to Fox’s Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Titled Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, the movie was supposed to have reteamed the studio and producers at Chernin Entertainment with Rise director Rupert Wyatt.
Wyatt exited the project mid-September due to what was billed by some insiders as his discomfort to have a movie ready by the May 23, 2014 release date.
A round of meetings with eligible directors took place and Reeves came out on top.
Reeves, who co-created Felicity with J.J. Abrams, is best known for directing the Paramount monster movie Cloverfield as well as the classy vampire movie Let Me In, a remake of the Scandinavian movie Let the Right One In.
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- North West Isn't The Only Celebrity Kid To Bring The Cuteness To Halloween
- All The Creepy Laughs From 'The Twilight Zone' Because Evil Is Sometimes Hilarious
- 11 Times Mr. Bean Taught You To Embrace Your Inner Child By Acting Like One
- Miley Cyrus' Risque Dress Stood Out, But Her $500,000 Donation To Fight AIDS Stole The Show
- Daniel Radcliffe Wants to Work with Jennifer Lawrence & George Clooney
- Kate Bosworth & Michael Polish Fly Back to Los Angeles on His 44th Birthday
- Coco Rocha Shares Her Thoughts on Kendall Jenner Fashion Week Bullying Rumors
- Keira Knightley Shows Her Feminist Side By Discussing Gender Equality in 'Net-A-Porter's 'Edit' Mag