Matt Reeves to Direct 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' Sequel
The "Cloverfield" helmer replaces original director Rupert Wyatt.
Matt Reeves has nabbed the coveted gig to helm the sequel to Fox’s Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
Titled Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, the movie was supposed to have reteamed the studio and producers at Chernin Entertainment with Rise director Rupert Wyatt.
Wyatt exited the project mid-September due to what was billed by some insiders as his discomfort to have a movie ready by the May 23, 2014 release date.
A round of meetings with eligible directors took place and Reeves came out on top.
Reeves, who co-created Felicity with J.J. Abrams, is best known for directing the Paramount monster movie Cloverfield as well as the classy vampire movie Let Me In, a remake of the Scandinavian movie Let the Right One In.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting