Matt Reeves to Direct Third 'Planet of the Apes' Movie
UPDATED: He directed "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes," which hits theaters this summer.
Fox is seeing more Apes in its future.
20th Century Fox has closed a deal with Matt Reeves to return to the director’s chair for a third installment of the Planet of the Apes franchise, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, which opens on July 11, 2014.
Fox rebooted its Planet of the Apes movie series with 2011’s Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which was directed by Rupert Wyatt and written by Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver.
The movie proved skeptics wrong by garnering strong critical acclaim and made $481 million worldwide.
The move shows the strong confidence the studio has in Reeves and in the latest movie, which is in postproduction.
Reeves already has a strong geek following after making his directorial debut with monster movie Cloverfield and Let Me In, the 2010 remake of Scandinavian vampire movie Let the Right One In.
Chernin Entertainment is producing the Apes franchise.
Follow Heat Vision
- George Clooney Rejects Daily Mail's Apology, Says Tabloid Printed 'Premeditated Lie'
- John Legend's 'You & I (Nobody In The World)' Video Will Make You Hug Your Mother, Wife, Daughter
- Beyonce And Jay Z's 'On the Run' Tour Concert Will Air On HBO, Polish Your Dance Shoes Please
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin's Boyfriend Matt Bendik Reportedly Found Dead At 35
- Kesha Opens Up About Rehab Stint: 'I Was Hateful to Myself & Hurting My Body' - Read Her Touching Essay Here!
- Avengers Unite! Chris Evans & Jeremy Renner Hit the Town in London Together!
- Kaley Cuoco & Ryan Sweeting Are Home from 'Best Trip Ever'
- Elle Fanning Attached to Star in 'How to Talk to Girls at Parties'