Matthew McConaughey Confirms Starring Role in Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar'
Few details are known about the character, but a script is said to involve time travel and alternate dimensions.
Matthew McConaughey and Christopher Nolan are joining forces.
The actor -- who has played everything from a stoner, a surfer and a romantic to a strip club owner, a killer and a lawyer -- next will star in Nolan’s sci-fi pic Interstellar.
Few details are known about the film’s characters, but the script by Jonathan Nolan -- the filmmaker’s brother and frequent collaborator -- is said to revolve around time travel, alternate dimensions and a group of explorers traveling through a wormhole.
McConaughey first confirmed his involvement in the project during an interview with the StarTribune, saying nothing beyond “I’m confirming.” A rep for the actor confirms the same to The Hollywood Reporter.
McConaughey's Dallas Buyers Club and The Wolf of Wall Street are in postproduction, and he reportedly is attached Ken Nolan's Thunder Run, which is in development.
Christopher Nolan most recently directed The Dark Knight Rises for Warner Bros.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR