Matthew McConaughey Confirms Starring Role in Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar'
Few details are known about the character, but a script is said to involve time travel and alternate dimensions.
Matthew McConaughey and Christopher Nolan are joining forces.
The actor -- who has played everything from a stoner, a surfer and a romantic to a strip club owner, a killer and a lawyer -- next will star in Nolan’s sci-fi pic Interstellar.
Few details are known about the film’s characters, but the script by Jonathan Nolan -- the filmmaker’s brother and frequent collaborator -- is said to revolve around time travel, alternate dimensions and a group of explorers traveling through a wormhole.
McConaughey first confirmed his involvement in the project during an interview with the StarTribune, saying nothing beyond “I’m confirming.” A rep for the actor confirms the same to The Hollywood Reporter.
McConaughey's Dallas Buyers Club and The Wolf of Wall Street are in postproduction, and he reportedly is attached Ken Nolan's Thunder Run, which is in development.
Christopher Nolan most recently directed The Dark Knight Rises for Warner Bros.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Sundance: On the Scene
Follow Heat Vision
- TV Review: For the Love of God, Watch The Americans Tonight
- Sundance Review: Cobie Smulders, Guy Pearce, and Kevin Corrigan Reinvent the Rom-Com in Andrew Bujalski’s Results
- Watch the Trailer for Amira & Sam, Featuring Paul Wesley in a Very Different Role
- 3-Sentence Reviews: White Columns, Philip Taaffe, and More
- Jennifer Connelly Is 'Aloft' at Sundance Film Festival
- Ewan McGregor Reflects on '90s London Life With Angelina Jolie
- Dianna Agron & Patrick Wilson Have a 'Zipper' Situation at Sundance Film Festival 2015
- Malin Akerman On 'I'll See You In My Dreams' Co-Star Blythe Danner: 'She's A Legend For A Reason'