Matthew Vaughn to Produce Fox's 'Fantastic Four' Reboot
Mark Millar, overseeing all of the studio's Marvel properties, tweeted the news Friday.
The Fantastic Four is about to get a little more kick-ass.
20th Century Fox's planned franchise reboot of the Marvel superhero series has signed Matthew Vaughn, director of such critically acclaimed fanboy fare as Kick-Ass (2010) and X-Men: First Class (2011), to produce. Chronicle director Josh Trank, who turned 28 this month, is still attached to direct.
The news was announced by Vaughn's collaborator Mark Millar, the lauded comic book writer hired by Fox in September to oversee all of its Marvel Comics projects. The addition of Vaughn to the mix presumably would help with cohesion among the various Marvel properties under way at the studio.
"Just off the phone with Fox and some excellent news -- Matthew Vaughn is producing Josh Trank's Fantastic Four reboot!," Millar tweeted Friday.
The Fantastic Four is slated for spring 2015.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues