Matthew Vaughn to Produce Fox's 'Fantastic Four' Reboot
Mark Millar, overseeing all of the studio's Marvel properties, tweeted the news Friday.
The Fantastic Four is about to get a little more kick-ass.
20th Century Fox's planned franchise reboot of the Marvel superhero series has signed Matthew Vaughn, director of such critically acclaimed fanboy fare as Kick-Ass (2010) and X-Men: First Class (2011), to produce. Chronicle director Josh Trank, who turned 28 this month, is still attached to direct.
The news was announced by Vaughn's collaborator Mark Millar, the lauded comic book writer hired by Fox in September to oversee all of its Marvel Comics projects. The addition of Vaughn to the mix presumably would help with cohesion among the various Marvel properties under way at the studio.
"Just off the phone with Fox and some excellent news -- Matthew Vaughn is producing Josh Trank's Fantastic Four reboot!," Millar tweeted Friday.
The Fantastic Four is slated for spring 2015.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- We Spent Half An Hour Talking To Allison Janney About 'Drop Dead Gorgeous'
- Here's How 'Modern Family' Star Eric Stonestreet Really Feels About That Emmy Snub
- 'American Horror Story' Leaked Call Sheet Signals Possible Return Of A Past Character
- New Visions on Romance: Hour of the Wolf Movie Review of I Origins & Mood Indigo
- Not Only is Zoe Saldana Pregnant, But She's Reportedly Expecting Twins!
- Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban, and Daughters Sunday & Faith Join Reba McEntire's 'Pray for Peace' Campaign (Video)
- Shia LaBeouf Arrives for Court, Is Working Out a Plea Deal for His Recent Arrest Charges
- Kelsey Grammer & Wife Kayte Welcome Newborn Son Gabriel!