Matthew Vaughn to Produce Fox's 'Fantastic Four' Reboot
Mark Millar, overseeing all of the studio's Marvel properties, tweeted the news Friday.
The Fantastic Four is about to get a little more kick-ass.
20th Century Fox's planned franchise reboot of the Marvel superhero series has signed Matthew Vaughn, director of such critically acclaimed fanboy fare as Kick-Ass (2010) and X-Men: First Class (2011), to produce. Chronicle director Josh Trank, who turned 28 this month, is still attached to direct.
The news was announced by Vaughn's collaborator Mark Millar, the lauded comic book writer hired by Fox in September to oversee all of its Marvel Comics projects. The addition of Vaughn to the mix presumably would help with cohesion among the various Marvel properties under way at the studio.
"Just off the phone with Fox and some excellent news -- Matthew Vaughn is producing Josh Trank's Fantastic Four reboot!," Millar tweeted Friday.
The Fantastic Four is slated for spring 2015.
2014 Emmy Awards
Follow Heat Vision
- Jon Stewart Loves How Epic HuffPost Headlines Win The Internet
- Jesse Helt, Miley Cyrus' Date At The VMAs, Turns Himself In For Probation Violation
- Solo Concerts, Stealin' Home & Similar Skin: Chats with Bruce Hornsby, Iain Matthews and Umphrey's McGee...Plus!
- Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, Iconic Pro Wrestler, Hospitalized After Collapse
- Julianne Hough Snaps Selfies With Former DWTS Partner Helio Castroneves
- Rose McGowan Pours Pink Paint Over Charli XCX in 'Break The Rules' Music Video - Watch Here!
- Fergie Is Going to Miss the Bar at 'Chelsea Lately'
- Simon Cowell & Girlfriend Lauren Silverman Show Some Affection at 'X Factor UK' Press Launch!