McG's Wonderland Sound & Vision to Produce Syfy Films' Found-Footage Thriller 'Day 38'
Richard Farmer is in talks to make his feature directorial debut on the film.
McG is returning to the world of science fiction and the supernatural, with his banner Wonderland Sound & Vision in early negotiations to produce Day 38, a found-footage thriller that Syfy Films picked up last week.
Commercial helmer Richard Farmer is in talks to make his feature debut on the pic, which follows a group of stormchasers who face a Category 5 tornado and find themselves fighting off a force even greater than they imagined. Writing duo Gabe Scott and Chris Rossi penned the script.
The project was developed in-house at Wonderland. McG and the company’s features president Mary Viola will produce.
Farmer has worked on commerical for The Sims, Nintendo, Activision and Mini Cooper. His video for Gnarls Barkley’s Run won two MTV Music Awards.
McG, who also got his start in the commercials and music-video world, worked in the sci-fi realm when he directed Terminator Salvation. He also is an executive producer on the CW show Supernatural. His latest directing gig, This Means War, opens next week.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'