Megan Fox Admits to Childhood Love of 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles'
"That was my thing," the actress from this summer's TMNT reboot says. "Way, way more so than 'Star Wars' or, in later years, still more than 'Lord of the Rings.' "
Jonathan Liebesman’s reboot of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise may be eagerly anticipated by fans, but it has a similar importance for one of its stars, who also confessed a particular bond with one of the heroes in a half shell.
“They were my favorite movies as a kid,” Megan Fox, who plays reporter April O’Neil in the new movie, told MTV. “That was my thing. Way, way more so than Star Wars or, in later years, still more than Lord of the Rings. It was always Ninja Turtles.”
Fox confessed that her love for the franchise went beyond simply enjoying the movies. “My first crush, and everyone thinks this is really weird, but little girls have crushes on animated characters, and my first crush was Michaelangelo,” she said, calling herself “super excited” to be involved in the new movie.
Will Arnett, Fox’s co-star in the movie (which also features William Fichtner, Whoopi Goldberg and the voices of Tony Shalhoub and Johnny Knoxville), may not have had the same nostalgic bond to the property, but he said that he thinks “we’ve done a really good job in staying true to the mythology and at the same time, telling a new story.”
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be released in theaters Aug. 8.
Health & Hollywood
THR @ TORONTO
Follow Heat Vision
- David Lynch Thinks No One Will Ever Agree on What Eraserhead Is About
- Report: 7 More Actresses Are Being Considered for True Detective Lead
- My Father Was James Brown. I Watched Him Beat My Mother. And Then I Found Myself With Someone Like Dad.
- Abbi and Ilana Talk Cereal in This World Premiere of Their Web Series Hack Into Broad City
- Geoff Stults & Colin Egglesfield Go Shirtless at Nautica Triathlon!
- Lady Gaga Celebrates The Late Paul Horn with 'Nature Boy' Tony Bennett Duet - Listen Now!
- Kristen Bell & Husband Dax Shephard Look Perfect Together at 'This Is Where I Leave You' Premiere
- Rihanna Slams CBS For Pulling Her Song From Thursday Night Football Intro