Mel Gibson's New ‘Get The Gringo’ Trailer Hits the Web (Video)
The actor stars as a criminal who runs to the Mexican border to avoid U.S. authorities in the VOD thriller debuting May 1 on DirecTV.
The Mel Gibson feature Get The Gringo debuted a new trailer.
The movie stars Gibson as an American criminal named Driver who crashes into the U.S.-Mexican border wall as he is trying to outrun the Border Patrol.
After the accident, Driver finds himself in the strange and dangerous world of Mexico's violent "El Pueblito" prison. He learns to survive in jail with the unlikely help of a ten-year-old.
The movie also stars Kevin Hernandez, as the young boy, Scott Cohen and Peter Stormare. Gibson co-wrote the script with director Adrian Grunberg.
The movie debuts May 1 exclusively on DirecTV before moving to other video-on-demand outlets later in the summer.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film