Mel Gibson in Talks to Join 'Machete Kills'
Robert Rodriguez’s follow-up to his 2010 grindhouse flick sees the return of Danny Trejo as the vengeful ex-Federale.
Mel Gibson is in talks to join Machete Kills, Robert Rodriguez’s follow-up to his 2010 grindhouse flick, Machete, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Danny Trejo is returning as the disgraced Mexican federales with a bad attitude in the movie, which Rodriguez told THR he hopes to direct solo before tackling the Sin City sequel. (He directed the original Machete with Ethan Maniquis.)
Gibson’s boarding is not a surprise. At a press conference last week, Rodriguez said he wanted the actor to be in the movie and a few days later, Rodriguez showed up to Gibson’s Austin-set premiere of Get the Gringo, the Gibson actionner that is being released on VOD in the U.S.
The new story sees Machete being called upon to stop a cartel leader and an arms dealer who have a weapon in space.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Comic-Con: Everything Benedict Cumberbatch Said That Made Women Scream
- 50 Shades of Grey and The Devil Wears Prada Are Basically the Same Movie
- Chris Carter on Area 51, Playing Softball With Brandon Tartikoff, and the TV Musical in His Closet
- Evangeline Lilly Gets Candid About Lost, Writing, and Comic-Book Breasts