Mel Gibson in Talks to Join 'Machete Kills'
Robert Rodriguez’s follow-up to his 2010 grindhouse flick sees the return of Danny Trejo as the vengeful ex-Federale.
Mel Gibson is in talks to join Machete Kills, Robert Rodriguez’s follow-up to his 2010 grindhouse flick, Machete, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Danny Trejo is returning as the disgraced Mexican federales with a bad attitude in the movie, which Rodriguez told THR he hopes to direct solo before tackling the Sin City sequel. (He directed the original Machete with Ethan Maniquis.)
Gibson’s boarding is not a surprise. At a press conference last week, Rodriguez said he wanted the actor to be in the movie and a few days later, Rodriguez showed up to Gibson’s Austin-set premiere of Get the Gringo, the Gibson actionner that is being released on VOD in the U.S.
The new story sees Machete being called upon to stop a cartel leader and an arms dealer who have a weapon in space.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws