Mel Gibson in Talks to Join 'Machete Kills'
Robert Rodriguez’s follow-up to his 2010 grindhouse flick sees the return of Danny Trejo as the vengeful ex-Federale.
Mel Gibson is in talks to join Machete Kills, Robert Rodriguez’s follow-up to his 2010 grindhouse flick, Machete, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Danny Trejo is returning as the disgraced Mexican federales with a bad attitude in the movie, which Rodriguez told THR he hopes to direct solo before tackling the Sin City sequel. (He directed the original Machete with Ethan Maniquis.)
Gibson’s boarding is not a surprise. At a press conference last week, Rodriguez said he wanted the actor to be in the movie and a few days later, Rodriguez showed up to Gibson’s Austin-set premiere of Get the Gringo, the Gibson actionner that is being released on VOD in the U.S.
The new story sees Machete being called upon to stop a cartel leader and an arms dealer who have a weapon in space.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills