Melissa Leo and Rick Yune Joining 'Olympus Has Fallen' (Exclusive)
Antoine Fuqua is directing the Nu Image/Millennium’s White House-set action thriller.
Oscar winner Melissa Leo and Rick Yune are joining the cast of Olympus Has Fallen, Nu Image/Millennium’s White House-set action thriller being directed by Antoine Fuqua.
The movie, which stars Gerard Butler, is in casting mode as it goes into production this week. Aaron Eckhart, Angela Bassett, Cole Hauser and Radha Mitchell already have been cast.
Leo, who is in negotiations, would portray a tough secretary of Defense who cracks when tortured.
Yune, whose deal is done, is playing the villain of the movie, a North Korean posing as a South Korean ministerial aide who is described as a sociopathic monster.
Leo, who also is shooting Oblivion with Tom Cruise, will be seen in Robert Zemeckis’ return-to-live-action film, Flight. She is repped by CAA and Untitled.
Yune, who played a villain in the 2002 James Bond film Die Another Day, will be seen in The Man With the Iron Fists, the buzzy grindhouse kung fu action movie directed and co-written by RZA, in which he plays a character called X-Blade. Yune is repped by ICM Partners, Kritzer Levine and Bloom Hergott.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Neil LaBute Q&A: The Controversial Playwright Talks About His L.A. Theater Takeover
- Top Off-Broadway Shows to Watch in NYC This Season: Part One
- Megan Fox Is Not Thrilled About The 'Girl Power' That Was Cut From 'TMNT'
- Keith Olbermann's Powerful Speech About Lack Of Respect For Women In Sports Is A Must Watch