'Juan of the Dead' Wins Audience Award at Miami International Film Festival
The Havana-set Zombie movie opens March 13 in Miami before expanding to other markets.
Alejandro Brugues’ Juan of the Dead was voted the Lexus Audience Award at the 29th annual Miami International Film Festival, which concluded Sunday.
The festival, produced by Miami Dade College, presented its top jury prizes to Cristián Jiménez’s Bonsái, Bart Layton’s The Imposter and Kenya Márquez’s Expiration Date.
“It’s a great honor for my film to have been chosen by the audience and that I was able to share this amazing moment with my family and friends,” Brugués said. “I love Miami and would like to thank the Festival for all its support.”
Juan of the Dead, which concerns a zombie takeover of Havana, is being distributed by Outsider Pictures, which acquired it from Latinofusion, the Mexico-based international film sales and distribution company. It opens theatrically in Miami on March 13 before expanding to other markets.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)