Michael Bay to Produce Paramount Thriller 'Rising' (Exclusive)
Soo Hugh will write the techno-thriller, which Bay would produce with his Platinum Dunes partners Andrew Form and Brad Fuller.
Paramount has picked up The Rising, a pitch from Soo Hugh, a writer who worked on AMC’s The Killing.
Platinum Dunes’ Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller are producing.
Details are being kept under wraps, but the story is said to be in the vein of Eagle Eye, the Shia LaBeouf techno-thriller, and The Usual Suspects, Bryan Singer’s twisty crime thriller.
Hugh hails from the TV world, having worked not only on The Killing but also on ABC’s adventure show The River. She is currently on Zero Hour, the network's thriller that debuts this fall. Earlier this year, she sold the original pilot Infection, which she is developing for ABC. Rising is her first foray into film.
Her action-adventure résumé makes her one of the rare women working in the generally male-dominated genre arena.
Hugh is repped by WME and Circle of Confusion.
Hollywood Goes Broadway
What Hollywood Earns
Follow Heat Vision
- Play On! Power Pop Heroes by Ken Sharp... The Greatest Collection of Rock Interviews of All Time? Could Be!
- Legendary Owns Horror With ScareHouse Partnership, YouTube Competition
- This Jubilant Man Winning $26,000 On 'Price Is Right' Is All Of Us, Really
- Pregnant Blake Lively And Ryan Reynolds Are Picture-Perfect On The Red Carpet
- Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss Realizes Josh Hutcherson's Peeta is Alive in New 'Hunger Games' Promo - Watch Now!
- Jennifer Garner Speaks About Sexism in Hollywood: Ben Affleck Only Gets Asked About 'Tits' on the 'Blurred Lines' Girl (Video)
- Kamara James Dead - Olympic Fencer Dies at 29
- Analeigh Tipton & Jake McDorman Make Their Own 'Manhattan Love Story' (Exclusive Video!)