Michael Bay to Produce Paramount Thriller 'Rising' (Exclusive)
Soo Hugh will write the techno-thriller, which Bay would produce with his Platinum Dunes partners Andrew Form and Brad Fuller.
Paramount has picked up The Rising, a pitch from Soo Hugh, a writer who worked on AMC’s The Killing.
Platinum Dunes’ Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller are producing.
Details are being kept under wraps, but the story is said to be in the vein of Eagle Eye, the Shia LaBeouf techno-thriller, and The Usual Suspects, Bryan Singer’s twisty crime thriller.
Hugh hails from the TV world, having worked not only on The Killing but also on ABC’s adventure show The River. She is currently on Zero Hour, the network's thriller that debuts this fall. Earlier this year, she sold the original pilot Infection, which she is developing for ABC. Rising is her first foray into film.
Her action-adventure résumé makes her one of the rare women working in the generally male-dominated genre arena.
Hugh is repped by WME and Circle of Confusion.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR