Writer Scott Rosenberg Boards Michael Bay's 'Pain & Gain' (Exclusive)
Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson are starring in the story about body builders in Miami.
Scott Rosenberg has been tapped for polish and punch-up duties on Pain & Gain, the dark-comedy action thriller being directed by Michael Bay.
The Paramount movie is small-scale compared to Bay’s Transformers movies ($200-plus budgets compared to this one’s $35 million) and is based on the true story of body builders in Miami Beach who headed a kidnapping and extortion ring that went awry.
Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson are starring in the pic alongside Ed Harris, Tony Shaloub, Anthony Mackie and Bar Paly.
The movie will shoot in Miami later in March.
Rosenberg was part of the crew that made high-flying action movies in the late 1990s, including Con Air and Gone in 60 Seconds. He infamously wrote the Animal Crackers scene for Bay’s Armageddon.
WME-repped Rosenberg recently set up a spec titled The Hauntrepreneur at Paramount with Bay producing via his Platinum Dunes production company.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- In the Outlandishly Entertaining Lucy, Scarlett Johansson Becomes One With the Action-Movie Universe
- Now That You've Seen Snowpiercer, Which Other Movies Should You Watch From Director Bong Joon-ho?
- Hannibal Producers on Clarice Starling’s Arrival and Who Survived the Massacre
- Morgan Freeman Tries Helium Again for Jimmy Fallon
- Ian Somerhalder Heads to Comic-Con After Looking Lovey Dovey with Rumored Girlfriend Nikki Reed
- Matt Bomer Accidentally Gropes Liv Tyler in 'Space Station 76' Trailer
- Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale Head on Vacation with Family!
- Mad Men's Jessica Pare Takes Advantage of Her Free Time After Filming Wraps!