Michael Biehn Inks 3 Film Deal With Genre Arm of Aspect Film
The movies will star the 'Aliens' and 'Grindhouse' actor and be shot in sequence in a 45-day period.
Blanc/Biehn Productions, the company of Aliens and Grindhouse actor Michael Biehn, has inked a three-film deal with Chiller Film, the genre label of Aspect Film Ltd., an independent film sales agency.
Each of the three grindhouse movies to be made under the pact will star Biehn and will be shot in sequence in a 45-day period, with three different directors to be announced. Blanc/Biehn Productions, which is also headed by Biehn's wife, Jennifer Blanc-Biehn, will executive produce the films.
The projects have the working titles of The Farm, Up and Down and The Predicator.
"The three films are action-packed and very humorous; true to the essence of the best in recent grindhouse movies, from the likes of Quentin Tarentino and Robert Rodriguez," said Aspect Film and Chiller Films CEO Hugh Edwards in a statement.
In January, Anchor Bay acquired North American rights to The Victim, a suspense thriller starring Biehn, who also wrote the script and made his directorial debut with the film.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR