Michael Chabon, Matt Fraction Revive 'Casanova' at Image
The Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist joins the "Sex Criminals" writer for a fourth volume of the universe-spanning metanarrative.
After a short run at Marvel, Matt Fraction's critically-acclaimed Casanova is returning to Image Comics, it was announced at today's Image Expo, with both of the series' artists -- Fabio Moon and Gabriel Ba -- along for the ride. There will also be a co-writer for the first time in the series' history: Michael Chabon.
Casanova: Acedia, the fourth volume of the series, will feature a main story by Fraction and Moon in which Casanova Quinn explores the parallel universe he escaped to at the end of Casanova: Avaritia (A parallel universe which just so happens to be our own; he'll be in Los Angeles, though, so it's not as if he'll be entirely escaping the magic realism he's used to), as well as short back-up strips by Chabon and Ba.
"I'm very excited to be back on Planet Casanova again," Fraction said, adding that the new series will be accompanied by "fancy-ass hardcover" collections of the previous series for new readers to catch up on the story so far. "Buckle up, buttercups," he teased the audience about what's to come in the new volume.
Casanova originally ran as an Image title from 2006 through 2008, before the series was put on hiatus and revived under Marvel Entertainment's Icon brand in late 2011. The title's return has been some time coming -- it was originally promised last April as a Marvel title for "the end of the year." No specific date was given for the Image Comics relaunch.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack