Michael Clarke Duncan to Voice Kilowog in 'Green Lantern'
The Warner Bros. movie starring Ryan Reynolds is currently in post-production.
Michael Clarke Duncan is finally in negotiations to voice the character of Kilowog in Warner Bros.’s Green Lantern movie.
The movie, based on the DC Comics character and starring Ryan Reynolds, is deep in post-production. One of the facets of the process is the voice work; Geoffrey Rush signed on to voice the character of Tomar-Re, a bird/fish-like alien, two weeks ago.
Duncan’s involvement had been rumored for several weeks although no offer had been made. While studios sometimes end up moving on, sources say Duncan received his offer Tuesday and is now negotiating.
Kilowog is a drill sergeant trainer of new recruits for the Green Lantern Corps, the intergalactic police force that patrols the universe.
Duncan, repped by APA and Industry, did voice work in DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda. He is also guest-starring on the April 21 episode of Bones. He was nominated for an Oscar for his work 1999's The Green Mile.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Family Guy'/'Simpsons' Crossover Episode Sneak Peek Is Pure Bliss
- Sexual Harassment At Comic-Con Leads To Call For New Convention Policy
- A Conversation with CBS This Morning's Anthony Mason, Plus Chase Rice, Gentle Giant's Derek Shulman & William Gage Blanton
- The 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1' Trailer Is Here To Fight
- Amanda Seyfried's Boyfriend Justin Long Almost Gets Tusks Sewn Into His Head in 'Tusk' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Naomi Watts Is In Talks to Star in Jake Gyllenhaal's 'Demolition'
- Kesha Gets Picked Up By Boyfriend Brad Ashenfelter at LAX Airport
- Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison & Nicole Beharie Take San Diego Comic-Con by Storm