Michael Clarke Duncan to Voice Kilowog in 'Green Lantern'
The Warner Bros. movie starring Ryan Reynolds is currently in post-production.
Michael Clarke Duncan is finally in negotiations to voice the character of Kilowog in Warner Bros.’s Green Lantern movie.
The movie, based on the DC Comics character and starring Ryan Reynolds, is deep in post-production. One of the facets of the process is the voice work; Geoffrey Rush signed on to voice the character of Tomar-Re, a bird/fish-like alien, two weeks ago.
Duncan’s involvement had been rumored for several weeks although no offer had been made. While studios sometimes end up moving on, sources say Duncan received his offer Tuesday and is now negotiating.
Kilowog is a drill sergeant trainer of new recruits for the Green Lantern Corps, the intergalactic police force that patrols the universe.
Duncan, repped by APA and Industry, did voice work in DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda. He is also guest-starring on the April 21 episode of Bones. He was nominated for an Oscar for his work 1999's The Green Mile.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)