Michael Douglas on Edgar Wright's 'Ant-Man' Exit: 'It's a Very Disappointing Situation'
"I don’t think anybody’s quite recovered," the actor stated of the sudden departure of the director from the Marvel Studios production.
Michael Douglas has broken his silence about the departure of Edgar Wright from Marvel’s Ant-Man project, calling it a “very disappointing situation.”
In a video that appeared on the fan website Schmoes Know, Douglas -- who is set to star in the troubled movie alongside Paul Rudd -- was asked whether he was disappointed not to have the chance to work with Wright on the movie. “I was, very disappointed,” he replied. “I’m a big fan of his movies [and] it’s a very disappointing situation.”
He went on to say that Wright’s sudden departure “happened very late in the game [and] I don’t think anybody’s quite recovered,” continuing, “My heart goes out to Edgar. He’s been involved with the project for a long time, but he’s talented enough that you’ll be hearing a whole lot from him, and I’m sure with a little vengeance.”
Watch the video clip of Douglas below. Ant-Man remains scheduled to open July 17, 2015.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Dakota Johnson Compares 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Sex Scenes to Acrobatics!
- Eva Longoria: The Way Child Refugee Crisis Is Being Handled is Un-American
- Brit Marling's First Movie She Remembers Seeing is 'Princess Bride'
- 24's Kiefer Sutherland & Last Ship's Eric Dane Present Their Shows at Comic-Con 2014!