Michael Fassbender Heeds 'Assassin's Creed's' Call
The "Prometheus" star has signed to star in and produce the film based on Ubisoft's uber-successful video game franchise.
Ubisoft has nabbed Michael Fassbender, one of Hollywood’s most in-demand actors, to topline its big-screen adaption of Assassin’s Creed.
The Prometheus star has signed to star in and produce the film based on Ubisoft’s uber-successful video game franchise.
Fassbender will play Desmond Miles, a bartender who is a descendant of several lines of prominent assassins. The story weaves between present day and ancient times as Miles squares off with the Knights Templar.
The project, which was loosely set up at Sony, has no director or U.S. distributor yet.
The CAA-repped actor has been on a hot streak ever since his breakout role in 2009's Inglourious Basterds and has risen to the top of studio wish lists. His recent roles include Haywire and frequent collaborator Steve McQueen's NC-17 drama Shame.
Fassbender is shooting McQueen’s Twelve Years a Slave opposite Brad Pitt.
The actor is additionally handled by U.K.-based Troika.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)