Michael Giacchino Takes on 'Star Wars' -- Kind Of (Video)
The "Incredibles," "John Carter" composer joined with comedian Ben Schwartz to reinvent one of John Williams' most famous pieces of music.
The fact that John Williams will be returning to write the soundtrack for J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII means that Abrams' regular musical collaborator, composer Michael Giacchino won't have the chance to bring his particular talents to a galaxy far, far away. Although, considering his re-interpretation of Williams' "Imperial March" -- accompanied by Parks & Recreation's Ben Schwartz -- that might not be the worst decision ever made.
Schwartz shared the video on his website yesterday, noting that he and Giacchino has "brainstormed ideas to update the Imperial March" for Episode VII. "It turns out," he added, "JJ was 'not interested.'"
He added that "Michael and I have no problem being idiots and making more updated themes" if people enjoyed the video. Given that Giacchino actually provided the music for Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol and its predecessor, Mission: Impossible III, it's sadly unlikely that the two would tackle that classic -- but maybe if we asked really, really politely?
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- Matthew McConaughey’s Amazing Speech to the University of Texas Football Team Is a Perfect Way to Start Your Day
- Viola Davis Finally Gets the Lead Role She’s Been Waiting for in How to Get Away With Murder
- Watch Jennifer Garner and John Mulaney Play Catchphrase
- Adam Sandler Inks Exclusive Four-Film Deal With Netflix
- Emma Stone's 'Zombieland 2' Involvement is Unknown
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Take Legal Action, Accuse Photographer of Harassing Prince George
- Nick Jonas Grabs Himself, Shows His Butt Crack in These Shirtless Pics - See The Hot Photos Here!
- Celebrities Threaten Google with $100 Million Lawsuit Over Leaked Nude Images