What If Michael Haneke Directed 'Star Wars'? 'Amour'-Style Parody Envisions the Sad Story (Video)
At the Cesar Awards -- the French equivalent of the Oscars -- a satirically dreary mash-up of Haneke's award-winning film and the sci-fi franchise brought major laughs.
Sometimes, despite however much talent and acclaim a director has earned, they're just not the right fit for a certain film.
Take Michael Haneke, for instance. He's a legendary auteur, won an Oscar this year for his film Amour and has created a reputation for his unforgiving and unsentimental films. Which is why the thought of him directing a big budget sci-fi effort like Star Wars is an automatic punchline.
For the recent Cesar Awards, the French academy put together a taste of what a Haneke-directed Jedi adventure would look like. Calling back to Amour, a dying and senile Darth Vader is driving his caring son, elderly sad sack Luke Skywalker, absolutely nuts. Even more depressing is Princess Leia; she certainly has seen better days.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)