Michael Keaton Joins DreamWorks' 'Need for Speed' (Exclusive)
Aaron Paul and Dominic Cooper star in the racing action movie based on the Electronic Arts video game.
Michael Keaton has joined the cast of DreamWorks’ racing action movie Need for Speed.
Aaron Paul and Dominic Cooper are starring in the pic, which is being directed by Scott Waugh and is based on the Electronic Arts video game.
The story tells of a local street-racer (Paul) who partners with a rich and arrogant business associate (Cooper), only to find himself framed by his colleague and sent to prison. After his stint in the joint, he joins a New York-to-Los Angeles race to get revenge. But when the ex-partner learns of the scheme, he puts a massive bounty on the racer’s head, forcing him to run a cross-country gauntlet of illegal racers in all manner of supercharged vehicles.
Already cast are Imogen Poots, Kid Cudi, Ramon Rodriguez, Rami Malik and Harrison Gilbertson.
Keaton will play the reclusive and eccentric host of an underground supercar race where he invites the best drivers from around the world.
George Gatins penned the screenplay. His brother, Flight scribe John Gatins, is producing with Mark Sourian and Patrick O’Brien.
Keaton, repped by ICM and Ziffren Brittenham, recently wrapped a role in MGM’s remake of Robocop.
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)
Follow Heat Vision
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Surprise Comic Con With New 'Interstellar' Trailer
- Pedro Pascal Really Wishes He Were Still On 'Game Of Thrones,' Even In Small Part
- Morgan Freeman And Jimmy Fallon Talking On Helium Will Make Your Day
- Conversations with Billy Gilman, Ernest Ranglin, Mary Sarah and Gangstagrass' Rench, Plus Ben Jaimen's "Satellites" Exclusive