Michael Keaton Joins DreamWorks' 'Need for Speed' (Exclusive)
Aaron Paul and Dominic Cooper star in the racing action movie based on the Electronic Arts video game.
Michael Keaton has joined the cast of DreamWorks’ racing action movie Need for Speed.
Aaron Paul and Dominic Cooper are starring in the pic, which is being directed by Scott Waugh and is based on the Electronic Arts video game.
The story tells of a local street-racer (Paul) who partners with a rich and arrogant business associate (Cooper), only to find himself framed by his colleague and sent to prison. After his stint in the joint, he joins a New York-to-Los Angeles race to get revenge. But when the ex-partner learns of the scheme, he puts a massive bounty on the racer’s head, forcing him to run a cross-country gauntlet of illegal racers in all manner of supercharged vehicles.
Already cast are Imogen Poots, Kid Cudi, Ramon Rodriguez, Rami Malik and Harrison Gilbertson.
Keaton will play the reclusive and eccentric host of an underground supercar race where he invites the best drivers from around the world.
George Gatins penned the screenplay. His brother, Flight scribe John Gatins, is producing with Mark Sourian and Patrick O’Brien.
Keaton, repped by ICM and Ziffren Brittenham, recently wrapped a role in MGM’s remake of Robocop.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Mad Men's Kiernan Shipka Discusses Show's 'Bittersweet' Ending with 'Scene' (Exclusive!)
- Jennifer Aniston & Anna Kendrick Get Emotional Lying Down on Train Tracks for 'Cake'
- Courteney Cox & Kate Walsh Party with 'Vanity Fair' at Tribeca!
- Lily Allen Praises Pop Divas in 'Sheezus' Music Video - Watch Now!