Michael Keaton Joins DreamWorks' 'Need for Speed' (Exclusive)
Aaron Paul and Dominic Cooper star in the racing action movie based on the Electronic Arts video game.
Michael Keaton has joined the cast of DreamWorks’ racing action movie Need for Speed.
Aaron Paul and Dominic Cooper are starring in the pic, which is being directed by Scott Waugh and is based on the Electronic Arts video game.
The story tells of a local street-racer (Paul) who partners with a rich and arrogant business associate (Cooper), only to find himself framed by his colleague and sent to prison. After his stint in the joint, he joins a New York-to-Los Angeles race to get revenge. But when the ex-partner learns of the scheme, he puts a massive bounty on the racer’s head, forcing him to run a cross-country gauntlet of illegal racers in all manner of supercharged vehicles.
Already cast are Imogen Poots, Kid Cudi, Ramon Rodriguez, Rami Malik and Harrison Gilbertson.
Keaton will play the reclusive and eccentric host of an underground supercar race where he invites the best drivers from around the world.
George Gatins penned the screenplay. His brother, Flight scribe John Gatins, is producing with Mark Sourian and Patrick O’Brien.
Keaton, repped by ICM and Ziffren Brittenham, recently wrapped a role in MGM’s remake of Robocop.
Fall TV Preview
Follow Heat Vision
- McKayla Maroney Was Reportedly Underage In Hacked Nude Photos
- Richard Lewis Talks Richard Lewis: Bundle of Nerves: Mighty Movie Podcast
- Justin Verlander Addresses Online Photo Hacking Of Him And Girlfriend Kate Upton
- Internet Tries Donating In 'Honor' Of Leaked Jennifer Lawrence Photos, Nonprofit's Not Having It
- Rita Ora & Cara Delevingne Flaunt Their Long Legs at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Gerard Butler Makes Hugo Boss Look So Good at GQ Men of the Year Awards 2014
- Mindy Kaling to 'Flare': If I Want 3 Kids, I Need to Get Going (Exclusive Pic!)
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Honored Her Mom Marcheline at Their Intimate Wedding