Michael Pena in Talks to Join 'Ant-Man' Cast
Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas have already boarded the project.
Michael Pena is in early negotiations to play an undisclosed role in Marvel’s Ant-Man.
The movie is getting deep into casting mode, and the move comes the day after Marvel announced that Michael Douglas has joined the production, which is eyeing an April start.
Edgar Wright is directing the film, which has Paul Rudd set for the title role, a man with the ability to shrink to insect size. Douglas will play Dr. Hank Pym, the man who invents the technology that makes Ant-Man's transformation possible.
Marvel had been on the lookout for what insiders describe as a "tough Latino" who has to be ready for a lot of physical play. The studio looked at actors ranging from Javier Bardem to Clifton Collins Jr.
Pena has the ability to toggle drama and comedy with recent movies including a key role in American Hustle and a breakout starring turn in End of Watch.
The film is slated to hit theaters July 31, 2015.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game