Michael Pena in Talks to Join Brad Pitt in 'Fury' (Exclusive)
UPDATED: David Ayers' World War II tank pic from Sony, QED International is set for a November 2014 release.
Michael Pena is in negotiations to reteam with End of Watch director David Ayer for the filmmaker’s latest project, Fury.
The World War II tank thriller from Sony Pictures and QED International stars Brad Pitt and co-stars Shia LaBeouf and Logan Lerman.
The story, set in the waning days of the second Great War, revolves around the five-man crew of an American tank named Fury that runs across a desperate German division.
Ayer wrote the script and is directing,
Pena will play the tank’s driver, a butcher who always is drunk -- having vowed never to go into combat sober. Pitt plays a battle-hardened sergeant named Wardaddy.
Pena was an integral part of Ayer’s End of Watch, starring opposite Jake Gyllenhaal in the police thriller and giving a performance that was much praised. He most recently appeared in Gangster Squad and is voicing a character in DreamWorks Animation’s Turbo.
Pena is repped by CAA, Management 360 and Stone Meyer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR