Michael Stuhlbarg Joins 'Men in Black 3' (Exclusive)
3:24 PM PDT 4/13/2011 by Borys Kit
Michael Stuhlbarg, one of the key players on HBO’s Boardwalk Empire and the star of the Coen brothers’ A Serious Man, has been cast in Men In Black 3.Will Smith and Josh Brolin lead the cast of the third installment of Columbia’s sci-fi comedy being directed by Barry Sonnenfeld and currently in production. The 3D movie is scheduled for a May 25, 2012 release. The studio isn’t revealing too many details about the film, although it is known to feature a time travel element, allowing Brolin to play a young Tommy Lee Jones and Alice Eve, a young Emma Thompson, as the MIB agents try to save the world in 1969. Stuhlbarg will play a character called “Griffin." Sharlto Copley circled the role late last year, but a deal never materialized. The actor, repped by ICM and Viking Entertainment, plays gangster Arnold Rothstein in Boardwalk Empire. He will next be seen on the big-screen in Hugo Cabret, Martin Scorsese’s adaptation of the children’s book by Brian Selznick.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Follow Heat Vision
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game