Michelle Monaghan Joining Owen Wilson in 'The Coup'
The pair will play a husband and wife caught up in a violent coup in Southeast Asia.
Michelle Monaghan has joined Owen Wilson and Pierce Brosnan in The Coup, an action thriller that John Erick Dowdle -- the helmer behind Devil and Quarantine -- will direct from a script he co-wrote with his brother, Drew Dowdle.
The story revolves around American family that moves to Southeast Asia and finds themselves embroiled in a violent coup where rebels mercilessly attack the city. Monaghan will play Wilson’s wife.
Crime Scene Pictures’ Adam Ripp and Rob Paris are financing and are producing with Steve Alexander and Drew Dowdle. Rizal Risjad and Philip Elway will executive produce.
Sierra/Affinity will be handling international sales beginning at Cannes, and CAA is representing the U.S. rights.
The project is aiming for an October start.
Monaghan, repped by ICM, DF Management and Sloane Offer, recently wrapped a starring turn in thriller Penthouse North.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR