Millennium Picks Up Untitled Supernatural Action Spec From Action Actor (Exclusive)
The company behind 'Conan' hopes to shoot the picture, set in the jungles of Cambodia, early next year.
Moving from the Hyborian Age of Conan the Barbarian, Millennium/Nu Image is heading into the jungles for its next action project.
The company has closed a deal on a spec from Paul Sloan, fast-tracking the project in the hopes of shooting it early next year.
The untitled supernatural action script is described as having been inspired by pulp heroes Doc Savage and Tarzan, and centers on a team of mercenaries whose search for a missing person in the jungles of Cambodia becomes a descent into the heart of darkness as they confront the dark force of a vampire.
A search for a director is underway as the company seeks to combine into one movie elements for The Expendables and Conan.
Frank De Martini, Leo Amari and Richard Salvatore are producing.
Sloan comes from the world of low-budget action movies where he worked as an actor. His first writing effort was Stiletto, a 2008 action flick in which he also appeared alongside Castle star Stana Katic and Tom Berenger. (The 2008 movie has a tagline of “Revenge Never Looked So Good,” which is very similar to Colombiana’s “Revenge Never Looked to Beautiful.")
He is repped by Brucks Entertainment.
GENIUS LOST: ROBIN WILLIAMS
Follow Heat Vision
- 'The Theory of Everything' Shines a Light on Stephen Hawking's Love Life
- Robert Rodriguez's Inspiring Speech Will Make You Proud To Be American
- Victoria Justice On Dealing With Cyberbullying, Fashion Inspiration And Her Advice To Teens
- James Franco's New Film 'Kink' Explores BDSM Community, Lifestyle
- Lena Dunham Felt So Much Joy Watching Andrew Rannells in 'Hedwig & the Angry Inch'
- Chris Martin Wears Fat Suit in Coldplay's 'True Love' Music Video - Watch Now!
- Vanessa Hudgens Swings By Kari Feinstein's Style Lounge Ahead of Emmys 2014
- New 'Gotham' Trailer Gives Viewers a Grim & Exciting View of What's to Come!