'Modern Family's' Ty Burrell Voicing Peabody in DWA's 'Peabody and Sherman'
"The Lion King" helmer Rob Minkoff is directing the project.
Modern Family star Ty Burrell has signed on to voice Mr. Peabody in DreamWorks Animation’s Mr. Peabody and Sherman.
Max Charles, the tyke actor who plays a young Peter Parker in this summer’s The Amazing Spider-Man movie, is voicing Sherman.
The project is based on the characters created by Jay Ward, who was the producer behind the 1950s and 1960s cartoons Rocky and Bullwinkle.
Robert Downey Jr. was initially cast as the voice of Peabody, a white dog with genius-level intellect who travels in a time machine to witness historical events. Sherman is his human companion.
In the movie, Peabody and Sherman discover that someone has stolen the time traveling machine and is changing moments in history (to disastrous and comical results).
Rob Minkoff (The Lion King) is directing.
HOLLYWOOD'S RED CARPET A-LIST
Follow Heat Vision
- 'Big Brother' Winner Dick Donato Reveals He's HIV Positive
- These Awkward Ballerinas Take Dancing To Your Own Beat To A Whole New Level
- Martin Starr: It's 'Difficult To Imagine' 'Silicon Valley' Without Christopher Evan Welch
- Ben McKenzie Wasn't Invited To Adam Brody's Wedding, But The Ryan & Seth Bond Is Real
- Jennifer Lopez Watches Sean 'Diddy' Combs Rave About Her 'Booty' & Compare It to Kim Kardashian's - Watch Now!
- Gerard Butler & His Mystery Brunette Girlfriend Take a Flight Together
- Matt Bomer Goes Shirtless, Channing Tatum & Joe Manganiello Show Off Huge Muscles on 'Magic Mike XXL' Set!
- Meghan Trainor's 'All About That Bass' is Number 1 on Billboard's All Female Top 5!