'Modern Family's' Ty Burrell Voicing Peabody in DWA's 'Peabody and Sherman'
"The Lion King" helmer Rob Minkoff is directing the project.
Modern Family star Ty Burrell has signed on to voice Mr. Peabody in DreamWorks Animation’s Mr. Peabody and Sherman.
Max Charles, the tyke actor who plays a young Peter Parker in this summer’s The Amazing Spider-Man movie, is voicing Sherman.
The project is based on the characters created by Jay Ward, who was the producer behind the 1950s and 1960s cartoons Rocky and Bullwinkle.
Robert Downey Jr. was initially cast as the voice of Peabody, a white dog with genius-level intellect who travels in a time machine to witness historical events. Sherman is his human companion.
In the movie, Peabody and Sherman discover that someone has stolen the time traveling machine and is changing moments in history (to disastrous and comical results).
Rob Minkoff (The Lion King) is directing.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)